The Home Health Compare results were updated April 20, 2016. Nearly all measures showed improvement. Four measures remain unchanged while one measure decreased. The data collection period for these measures is from October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015.
Seven of the nine measures for the Quality of Patient Care Star Ratings showed improvement. Influenza immunization received for current flu season decreased for the second reporting period in a row and Acute Care Hospitalization remained unchanged. The nine measures used to calculate the star ratings are identified with an asterisk on Fazzi’s Home Health Compare Charts. The Quality of Patient Care Star Ratings show 22% of agencies receiving 3 and 3.5 stars.
For HHCAHPS averages, the national score in Specific care issues decreased. The remaining measures are unchanged. The data collection period for these measures is from October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015.
Check your Patient Survey Star Ratings. If your star rating decreased, contact our Gina Mazza, our HHCAHPS Survey Director for improvement tips.
Visit our Home Health Compare page with drop downs to compare by state, by year, and by release date. You can also select comparisons for the top 10 percent or top 20 percent. We also provide a drop down to agency level for Star Ratings.
Our job is to empower your agency to become Invincible, and we are constantly enhancing our services to help you do just that.
We’re pleased to tell you about a vital addition to our coding review process – the integration of STAR items into our coding review. The feedback you receive for each patient is easy to use and highlights those M-items that impact the Quality of Patient Care Star Rating, and ultimately, reimbursement. This will allow your agency to know how and where you can improve your STAR rating, and protect your revenue.
If you’re currently a coding customer (thank you!), a member of our team will contact you soon to explain the details of this important enhancement.
If you’re not a current coding customer, this is one more reason to consider Outsourced Coding from Fazzi Associates! And here are just a few more…
- You’ll love our fast turnaround time and 24/7/365 coverage!
- You’ll rest easy knowing you can count on a manager, coordinator and team of coders assigned to your agency!
- Less work for you! We use your EMR with a HIPAA-compliant connection and enter codes directly into your system.
Questions? We love questions. Contact us today.
The Home Health Compare results were updated January 28, 2016.
- This release includes the first reported Home Health Patient Experience of Care Star Ratings. The HHCAHPS Patient Survey Star Ratings reports patients’ experiences of care ranging from one to five stars. CMS reports approximately 6,000 agencies with patient care experience star ratings in this release. Four HHCAHPS measures can receive a star rating plus there is a summary star rating that reflects the average of the composite stars and global star.
- 3 composites measures: care of patients, communication between providers and patients, and specific care issues
- 1 global item: Overall rating of care provided by the HHA
- 1 Survey Summary Star Rating
CMS has adjusted the Patient Survey Star Ratings results for patient mix. The adjusted results are publicly reported.
Continue reading “Home Health Compare Charts Updated”