Outsourced Coding Solutions for Your Agency from the Largest, Most Qualified Provider in the Industry
When you choose Outsourced Coding by Fazzi, you can expect more than fast and accurate reports – we will be an essential part of your revenue cycle improvement.
For more than 35 years, home care and hospice agencies have partnered with Fazzi to solve their core challenges in profitability, quality, efficiency and compliance. In keeping with our role as agency advisers, your organization will receive coding solutions from Fazzi’s industry experts that provide training, assessment, and the services your agency needs for fast and flexible management of coding capacity, focusing on accurate and timely reimbursements.
Fazzi’s Outsourced Coding solutions provide your agency:
- A dedicated team that includes a manager, coordinator and assigned certified coders
- Secure HIPAA-compliant connection to your EMR system
- 24/7/365 operations in 35 states and 3 countries
- Two business day turnaround
- Accurate and timely reimbursements
- OASIS feedback for education and improvement
- STAR item feedback to help improve your rating and protect your revenue
- Access to insights from industry experts in preparedness, training, coding audits & review
Fazzi Certified Coders
With Outsourced Coding by Fazzi, your agency will have a dedicated team that includes a manager, coordinator and assigned certified coders.
Fazzi coders are some of the most qualified in the industry:
- Certified and have passed skills competency testing prior to employment
- Receive annual BCHH-C or HCS-D certification maintenance & compliance with educational requirements
- Audited quarterly for OASIS competency
- Receive continuing education, including CMS updates and the most recent Q&As
Your coding records will be accessed by Fazzi coders versed on multiple EMR systems through a secure, HIPAA compliant connection. That means no faxing or copying for your team. Where others give you a report, we give you a finished record entered directly into your system.
Three Coding Options for Peace of Mind and Profitability
Whether you have a planned absence on your coding team or a sudden surge in billing, Fazzi Outsourced Coding can increase your capacity with experienced and highly qualified coders.
Our coders remotely access your server and work within your software, so there is no no additional work for your team. With expanded staff for nights and weekends, our coders are working to provide both staffing flexibility and two business day turnaround.
You can rest assured that your coding will be accurate when you partner with Fazzi. This protects your agency against billing errors, ADRs and Medicare DSOs and can greatly improve your billings, days to RAP and cash flow.
We can also provide your clinicians real-time OASIS feedback for education and improvement. STAR items are integrated into our coding review and the feedback you receive for each patient is easy to use and highlights M-items that impact the Quality of Patient Care Star Rating, and ultimately, reimbursement. This will allow your agency to know how and where you can improve your STAR rating, and protect your revenue.
Outsourced Coding Options
A Fazzi coding specialist will help you select which of our three Outsourced Coding services is right for your agency. We can then quickly implement remote coding as a temporary solution or as part of your long-term strategy.
- Home Care Coding: Certified coders will remotely access your records using an encrypted HIPAA-compliant connection. Our home care coding specialists will enter OASIS, the 485 and then review all relevant patient information for accurate and consistent ICD-10 coding.
- Home Care Coding and OASIS Review: Coding including the review of OASIS items affecting codes. Changes and recommendations will be communicated to the clinician for final approval. Our certified coders will also review M items and documentation to ensure that records support the diagnosis and resulting codes support the OASIS. Our coders receive up-to-date training and will help your organization transition smoothly as compliance issues and protocol evolve.
- Hospice Coding and Admission Pre-bill Audit: Not only will we provide your hospice agency with accurate coding specific to the CTI, but we audit all pre-bill items that are available at admission. If your hospice needs a “clean coding slate” we can also code your entire census particularly those long LOS patients that need your scrutiny.