Be Prepared For an Audit by Conducting a Fazzi Mock Survey
Be prepared when auditors come knocking at your door! With a Fazzi mock survey your agency will be evaluated for possible vulnerabilities and equipped with a strategy in the event of a survey.
When you partner with Fazzi to conduct a mock survey your agency will be exposed to The Joint Commission’s (TJC) or Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) survey process that includes home visits and following the patient’s course of care.
TJC/CHAP Tracer Methodology will be used to gather information during home visits and will be used to determine your agency’s compliance with its policies, procedures, standards, National Patient Safety Goals and compliance with CMS Conditions of Participation. Additionally, Fazzi can conduct an evaluation of your agency for compliance with State-specific regulations.
Identify your Weaknesses, Increase Your Standards
At the conclusion of the mock survey, your agency will be provided with similar findings consistent with TJC/CHAP “Preliminary Report” that identify standards not in compliance that may be cited as a “Requirement for Improvement.”
Mock Survey Process:
- Review of Policies and Procedures: Review select home health and/or hospice program policies and procedures to determine compliance
- Review of Staff Competencies: Review personnel records for new home health and/or hospice staff to determine compliance
- Home Visits and Review of Clinical Records: Fazzi will accompany home health and/or hospice staff on regular home visits and observe their clinical techniques measuring performance against agency policies, procedures and standards
- Interviews and Reviews: We will continue TJC/CHAP methodology through interviews with staff for individual systems to determine compliance with the various TJC/CHAP chapters
- Exit Conference/Report: At the conclusion of the on-site assessment, an exit conference will be conducted to present our findings. Information for corrective actions will be provided. We will provide a report and our findings along with the standards likely to be cited as not in compliance
- Assisted Implementation: Fazzi will be available to provide assistance to your agency in preparation for the follow-up survey should management find it would be beneficial to them