On April 1, 2017, the Hospice Item Set (HIS) underwent several revisions. This includes two new quality measures that will now be publicly reported on starting summer 2017:
- Hospice Visits When Death is Imminent Measure Pair
- Hospice and Palliative Care Composite Process Measure
Additionally, a new HIS-discharge section O – Service Utilization has 4 new HIS Items you need to know about:
- O5000 Level of care in final 3 days
- O5010 Number of hospice visits in final 3 days
- O5020 Level of care in final 7 days
- O5030 Number of hospice visits in 3-6 days prior to death
We’re pleased to announce our updated Hospice Item Set course in the Fazzi Learning Center. This is a comprehensive HIS training that includes the April 1st updates and more. Use it to update current staff on the changes, as well as to train new staff on all of the HIS requirements. Don’t risk impacting your Hospice Compare scores. Purchase this complete training session today.
We keep all of the Fazzi Learning Center online trainings current and up to date with new rules and regulations, so that you don’t have to worry about updating your training material.