Standardized Tools, Assessment and Reassessment Strategies
Over the ten months of the project, participants will receive:
- An initial audit of a minimum of 20 records to determine level of risk.
- Educational Webinars exclusive to this group covering OASIS, documentation, and care management.
- Three one-hour phone consultations as well as feedback on current documentation.
- OASIS NP monthly online training program.
- A final audit of a minimum of 20 records at the end of the project to determine impact.
To learn more, contact Cindy Krafft.
National Quality Improvement Effort
In our first ever national documentation improvement study, the Therapy STARS Project, our review of over 1,500 records found that 80% could not support the total number of visits as being medically necessary to the patient. This amounted to a total of over 1.8 million dollars at risk. By the end of the project nearly 50% of participating agencies cut their risk by 50%.Now we are launching a new national effort that will build on the findings of the Therapy STARS program focusing on all disciplines: The SuperSTARS National Quality Improvement Project.
Fazzi Associates has reviewed thousands of records over the last several years. One thing is clear… agencies are still addressing major issues with both utilization and documentation content among all disciplines. The average financial risk per case stands at over $1,100.00. Considering the number of patients receiving therapy in even a small agency, this level of risk can quickly escalate to a significant loss for agencies who are not prepared.
Fazzi is seeking 50 agencies to participate in a national improvement project designed to help agencies reduce compliance risk with the CoP. The project will also help agencies reduce their financial audit risk should they be audited by OIG, ZPICs or RACs as well as State Surveys.
The project includes:
- Conducting a baseline CoP Compliance risk audit and providing the agency project lead with a summary of that risk and details on what CoPs they are at risk with.
- Development of an individualized Step by Step Risk reduction Plan to reduce the agency's compliance risk thus reducing their financial exposure should they be audited.
- Educational webinars that cover the areas of greatest overall risk: OASIS, Documenation, Utilization, and Care Management
- A Senior Consultant that will partner with the agency management team to ensure the Action Plan is on target and that risk is being reduced. The consultant will provide three phone consultation sessions. More time may also be added by the agency leader as needed.
- A final audit to quantify the reduction in CoP audit risk that the agency has achieved.
- A final report outlining the overall results of the project with a intense focus on what practices made the biggest impact on reducing agency CoP risk.
- Monthly online OASIS training program – OASIS NP – for the entire staff.
All agencies must be Medicare certified.
Participants in the study receive significantly reduced fees for the project services. Pricing for the three one-on-one consultation calls and online training program is $1,500.00. In addition, participants will receive a discounted “real time” audit cost of $175.00/record of 10% of your agency’s average Medicare census.
*Project subject to recruitment of 10 agencies