Therapy STARS Documentation Toolkit
Standardized Tools, Assessment and Reassessment Strategies
Preliminary results from the National Therapy STARS Project revealed an average financial risk per episode in which therapy is involved stands at over $1,500.00. Considering the number of patients receiving therapy in even a small agency, this level of risk can quickly escalate to a significant loss for agencies who are not prepared.
Fazzi’s Therapy STARS Documentation Toolkit is designed to help agencies reduce their financial risk with solid therapy documentation practices. Packaged based on strategies implemented in the national project, goals of the toolkit include:
- Decreasing financial risk related to therapy documentation by a minimum of 50%.
- Creating a standardized documentation review process to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Providing consistent education for clinical and review staff on documentation issues.
- Developing a clear understanding of current utilization patterns and agency specific factors that impact volume.
Why a Toolkit?
Many agencies have provided education to staff on the importance of documentation and solid clinical judgment and yet struggle to sustain gains in the level of performance. Ongoing record review consumes resources too scarce for agencies to spare over a long period of time.
In order to help agencies of all sizes develop effective strategies to manage this complex issue, Fazzi Associates has created a package of services based on successful strategies implemented in the Therapy STARS Project. As a part of this toolkit, we will work with you to help you make improvements. You will receive the support and training you need to achieve positive outcomes.
- An initial audit of 20 recently discharged records to identify trends and quantify risk.
- Three on demand trainings covering the
hottest topics in therapy that you may share with your staff anytime:
- Reasonable and Necessary Documentation.
- Clinical Decision Making.
- Reviewer Training.
- The Therapy Audit Tool for immediate implementation within the agency.
- Three individual conference calls with an assigned therapy consultant.
- A final audit of 20 recently discharged records 6 months after implementation of the toolkit.
- The subsequent audits of 10 records at 9 months and 1 year after implemention of the toolkit to confirm consistency of internal review process and ensure previously identified issues are not resurfacing.
Cost and Other Considerations
Pricing for the trainings, private consultation calls, and Roundtable membership (one site) is $1,900.00. In addition, toolkit agencies will receive a discounted “real time” therapy audit cost of $150.00/record of 10% of your agency’s average Medicare census.
Additional sites will be charged at a fee of $400 per site.
Click here to download the order form.