What is OASIS Tracker?
The OASIS Tracker is a low cost, high impact clinical performance tracking and trending system. Using the OASIS files that you already submit to your state’s public health department (no new work for you), the Tracker automatically analyzes, calculates, tracks, and trends those clinical measures that have the greatest impact on your revenues and case mix weight at RAP.
Why was the tracker created?
Two reasons. First, costs and data have gotten out of control. Data services are too costly and there is an overload on data… and agencies are not using it. The Tracker is designed to provide agency leaders with the key clinical data elements that they need without costing a lot of money. Second, the Tracker is the perfect tool to track the impact of training and changes on OASIS and other clinical outcomes. Whether you bought OASIS NP, an OASIS audit or training, or any other number of services, you want to know that is it has impact. The Tracker will tell you.
What performance measure does it track?
The Tracker focuses on the measures that matter the most —
- CMW at RAP: Your average CMW at RAP compared to the CMS national average.
- SOC Revenue: Your actual start of care revenue based on your average CMW versus the CMS national average. Revenue is the actual dollar amount adjusted to your geographic wage index.
- Financial Impact Tracking: How your revenue compares to the revenue you would have received if your CMW was the national average. If you are low, look for a red number. Not good!
- Diagnosis Analysis: Comparisons of your patient diagnoses with Medicare national averages. Better yet, compare your average CMW for those diagnoses against the national averages.
- M2200 Therapy Percentage Tracking: Do you wonder what percentage of your patients receive therapy visits versus the national average? Now you will know.
- Projected Therapy Visits: Are you projecting more visits? Less visits? Same number of visits as the national average? Now you will know.
Best of all, the OASIS Tracker also provides you with the capacity to not just track, but trend your key performance indicators versus national averages.
Why these clinical measures?
The answer is simple. These are the key clinical measures that impact quality outcomes and financial outcomes. Monitor, track, and trend these measures and you have the greatest potential of better managing and controlling your outcomes.
What does the OASIS Tracker Dashboard look like?
Click here to see a sample.
How often do you get Tracker reports?
Most agencies want them monthly. You will get them monthly, more often if you want, or even on-demand. It’s your choice.
Who gets the Tracker reports?
Usually two people: your agency CEO and your clinical leader. More names can be added to the distribution list if you so choose.
What kind of work does it require on the part of the agency?
Little or no work! You simply forward the same OASIS file that you currently send to your agency’s public health department. That’s it. Send the information and get your reports.
What does the Tracker cost?
The cost of the OASIS Tracker is $500 for one year.