OASIS Links and Resources
OASIS-C Guidance Manual
Revised December 2012
Risk Adjustment Models
Updated August 2011
OASIS-C Guidance Manual Errata
Revised June 2010
Risk Adjustment Models
August 15, 2011
OASIS-C Q&A and OASIS Downloads (QIES)
Revised December 2012
OASIS Competency Institute
Home of the National OASIS-C Best Practices Project
The OASIS Competency Institute® is a training, benchmarking, and research program dedicated to advancing best practices in the use of the OASIS-C instrument. The OASIS Competency Institute® is a quality initiated program of Fazzi Associates
What is the Mission of the OASIS Competency Institute? It is the mission of the OASIS Competency Institute to advance the competency of home care clinicians in the use of the OASIS-C instrument by providing a broad range of reviews and trainings, products, field manuals, and other tools that will help to enhance their knowledge and skills in use of the assessment tool.
How Will the Institute Fulfill Its Mission? The OASIS Competency Institute works directly with state associations and agencies in planning and scheduling. OASIS experts have developed comprehensive training and educational programs. To ensure maximum attendance and participation, each offering is designed and scheduled at times that meet the needs of the sponsoring group.
What is the Relationship Between the Institute and the Delta National OASIS-C Best Practices Project? The Best Practices Project was sponsored by Delta Health Technologies and co-sponsored by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice and Fazzi Associates. Through Fazzi Associates, Institute staff developed and facilitated the project and served as directors and clinical directors of the project. Institute clinical leaders also were the authors of the OASIS-C Best Practice Manual. Delta Health Technologies was the sponsor of the project and clearly made the project possible.
OASIS Comprehensive Reviews and Audits: A representative sample audit of your most recent assessments. The service includes the audit plus a report on where and why problems are emerging, and a full analysis of the quality and financial implications of inaccurate assessments. Includes clear recommendations for what agencies can do immediately to improve the accuracy of future assessments.
OASIS NP© Monthly Targeted Educational Webinars: Highly engaging forty-five minute webinars that focus on the most problematic OASIS items. OASIS Testing identifies problem areas; OASIS Targeted NP Webinars address them.
OASIS Skills Assessment Testing: Quarterly testing of Clinicians on OASIS. Comparative reports and dashboards created for each Clinician, team, and agency.
OASIS-C The Care Connection: This 4 hour on demand program will provide participants with instruction (OASIS THINK) on the new and revised data items, including the new process of care measures, reinforcement of assessment strategies such as the OASIS WALK® and conventions for completing the data items.
OASIS-C Total Competency Training Program for Associations: A full day program on how to best answer each OASIS-C question. Integrates findings from the National OASIS-C Best Practices Project. The Institute’s Competency Training Program is the only training that includes an OASIS-C competency test as a basic part of the training program.
OASIS-C Total Competency Training Program for Agencies A full day program targeted to agency staff. The focus is on how to best answer each OASIS-C question, but unlike the Association training, the Agency Competency Training allows for agency specific questions and a review of their OASIS Review Process. Program integrates findings from the National OASIS-C Best Practices Project. The Institute’s Competency Training Program may also include Fazzi’s OASIS Skills Assessment Test with a dashboard and comparative scores provided to the individual, team, and agency.
OASIS-C for Therapists: A special program that focuses on the unique challenges and new requirements that have not been part of Therapists' core competencies and responsibilities.
Note: OASIS Skills Assessment Testing and Monthly Targeted Educational Webinars are most often sold as an integrated service.
Home Health Compare Quarterly Results: Fazzi's Home Health Compare charts include each state’s average percentage score for each measure, the national average for each measure, PLUS the estimated percentage score for each measure that an agency would have to reach in order to be in the top 20%.
- OASIS Tracker: Using the OASIS files that you already submit to your state’s public health department, the Tracker automatically analyzes, calculates, tracks, and trends those clinical measures that have the greatest impact on your revenues and case mix weight at RAP.
- OASIS Toolbox: Three tools designed to improve clinical assessment practice, guide the SOC/ROC document review process, and determine clinical competence by conducting a multi strategy assessment, applying the information correctly to the OASIS items, and integrating it with the Plan of Care.
- National OASIS-C Fast Track Improvement Project: The National OASIS-C Fast Track Improvement Project is designed to identify inconsistencies and challenges associated with staff utilization of the new OASIS C collection tool. Through the study, we will collect OASIS-C responses to specific M questions from agency software using Home Health Gold’s Buddy System.
- OASIS-C Best Practices Project: More than 80 changes took effect with OASIS-C on January 1, 2010 – the biggest revision in the history of OASIS. This project brought together some of home care’s top Clinicians from all 50 states in a national effort to support and improve the accuracy of our clinicians in using the OASIS-C data set. Sponsored by Delta Health Technologies, National Association for Home Care & Hospice, and Fazzi Associates.
- OASIS Plus II Project: This 2011 OASIS Plus II Project, like our initial study launched in 2009, sets out to demonstrate that by utilizing a variety of learning opportunities over a sustained period, along with ongoing expert support, home health agencies will experience improvements in OASIS accuracy.
- OASIS Plus Project: A national improvement project focused on helping agencies measurably improve their existing OASIS accuracy while also helping prepare their Clinicians for the new OASIS-C regulations.